Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's an Isaiah kind of day

So will My Word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)

God continually stresses, in His Word, that it is His word that speaks for Him. Here it is viewed as a messenger of sorts. It carries His desires, His instructions and then returns in the fruits of His message. It returns in our prayers, through the Holy Spirit's intervention. It is His Word and His Spirit that teach us what to pray:

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings to deep for words. (Romans 8:27)

One of the workings of the Spirit is to communicate to us and for us. That intercession allows us to hear Him in prayer and the Word. It's nearly impossible to separate the two means of communication.

Think of all we ask for when talking to God. We need so many answers for the questions in our lives. The good news is that the answers are there, when we need them. He has promised that. We may not like what He tells us, but as I said in a previous post, in His ways we will find what we are looking for.

I must say, I'm pretty happy right now. God has been telling me some things that, frankly, aren't easy. But they match up with His Word. That means He cares enough about me to show me His word in action in my life. Just between you and me, that's exciting. The creator of ALL things is moving in my life. Kinda hard to argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment