Monday, October 27, 2008

Within

"Today I have got out of all trouble, or rather I have cast out all trouble, for it was not outside, but within and in my opinions." The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

Wise words. Of course, you wouldn't expect a second century Roman Emperor to be filled with the wisdom of God, but valid words, nonetheless.

I wonder how much of our own trouble is from within. Not in the actions of others but in the reactions of ourselves. I'll bet anyone who reads this has certain issues that are gnawing at their peace, even if they won't admit it. That's the problem isn't it? If we would admit it, then we might address those issues. But it's easier to place the blame outside. It's like I was saying Sunday night, change the inside and the outside changes, too. Look within, search your heart and look for the things you're denying. Seek peace. I want it for you.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes there are so many things going on inside me that I can't even figure out where they are all coming from and if it is the same place and it gets really confusing and I know I just have to figure out how to admit it all.

    Sarey

    ReplyDelete