Monday, October 27, 2008

My thoughts on "Pandemonium"

I thought I'd weigh in on this, too, because it's enlightening. (see Blessed Ministries for more).

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." (John 10:27)

"We are only right when we listen, when we hear." I think Heather's right about that. We aren't capable of guiding ourselves, that is why the Holy Spirit was sent after Jesus ascended. He knew we would need a Helper, a Counselor to lead us. In ancient Palestine, and maybe still, shepherds don't drive their flocks; they lead them. They walk ahead of them. It's not forced, it's voluntary, so to speak. But they follow only one voice, that of the shepherd they know. They will not follow a stranger (John 10:4,5).

So, yeah. We have to listen to hear. But hearing is useless if we don't follow. We have to hear to follow, but only in the following are we fulfilling His wishes. And, again, it's voluntary.

I don't think God is casual about speaking to us. I think He wants us to hear and follow so badly that He sometimes screams.
Maybe that is the pandemonium. Maybe it isn't a bunch of voices trying to have their say. Maybe it's one Voice coming from all different directions, with one message.

"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." (John 16:13)

1 comment:

  1. I like it. So ... you post all day long? Do you work anymore?

    ReplyDelete