Monday, October 20, 2008

I guess I'm just chatty today

On Friday night, a group of us gathered in what feels like the start of something amazing. If you weren't there, this probably won't mean alot to you. I just feel like sharing about it.
It was the re-launch of SCBC's college ministry. Some of us lucky ones who are older but don't act like it get to be involved as leadership. It just felt good to be around people that sincerely love each other and are willing to remove the communication barriers so we can help each other. And be helped. I walked away from this believing that we will strengthen the whole by strengthening the parts. And we strengthen the parts by strengthening the individuals. It's a simple theory and I do love simplicity. If we are a body, then each individual part must work correctly for the body to function. When one part falters, the others must compensate until the part is healed.
We must pick each other up. All of those who were present are old friends. I am actually the newest to everyone. But for five years I have known these people, you people. A half dozen or so of you read this so let me say that I love each of you dearly. My circle at Stock Creek has become my life's blood. You are the ones that keep me centered, that let me see God when I am having trouble finding Him. I fail you all miserably and often but I seek to be a source of strength for you. I want to be the compensating part for you when you need to rest and heal. We are a family. I have spent so much time with you all and made so many memories with you that I honestly can't remember not knowing you. We agree that SCBC is in a state of transition but that only means that we are on the move - upward. Man, I'm really sappy, huh? Must be the painkillers talking.

When things get out of hand with life, we can draw inward and be restored. That is what the fellowship is all about. I, personally, am available for any of you at anytime. Because I know you are available for me, also. None of us are perfect which makes us good for each other. We will fall away sometimes but it's good to know that we can fall back in to open arms. I'm done, now. I'll just have to be a little extra cynical tomorrow to make up for this.

3 comments:

  1. I love that our college group. I know we are all going to be really good friends for a really long time.

    I also love commenting this blog! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this is finally going. I've wanted something like this for a long, long time. Scratch that. Needed this for a long, long time.

    I like the part about falling into welcoming arms, Chuck. That's a good way to define friendship. Not always perfect but always there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. You inspired me.

    http://blessedministries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete