Friday, April 10, 2009

There's no day quite like Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday is my favorite day of the year. It always has been. No one will see this until probably Monday but that's okay. I'm going to tell you about it anyway.

First of all, it's spring. I know spring began a few weeks ago but to me it isn't spring until it's Easter. Even those years when it's 35 degrees and snowing, Easter still feels like spring. And spring means summer is coming and that makes me HAPPY!

Second, there's all the little kids and their new Easter outfits. Big kids, too, like me, who wear something new and bright (if you're lucky you get to go shopping with Sarah) and that just makes people smile. I like to see smiles.

Then there's my vision of future Easters. I look forward to the day when I walk into church with my Mrs. and my little one(s) in their new Easter outfits. You'll recognize my kid; the one with the big ears and unibrow.

But, of course, it's about Jesus. It's about what He did and why. Easter celebrates the day when Jesus got up, walked out of His tomb for me. He walked away from death because He wanted me to spend eternity with Him.

God is a God of resurrection. He resurrected His Son because of love and there's nothing or no one beyond that power of resurrection. I was resurrected on the day I got saved and, honestly, He has resurrected me from other things since then. He saved me from death once, but He has saved me from the world and myself many times.

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment