Thursday, February 26, 2009

From Disciple Now to Right Now

It's been five weeks or so since D-Now. Wow! What a difference a few weeks can make. Our student ministry is in a place it's never been before and the possibilities are unlimited. I'm reminded of something Heather posted on January 20th:

"D-Now was not our last chance, our greatest accomplishment. It was our first."

Disciple Now was great, no doubt about it. But it was just the start, sort of a trial run of things to come. Since then our group has grown tighter, has taken their walk with God up a notch (or two), and is hungry for more. The really cool thing is that it's not just the adults, JGenners, or high-schoolers. This pursuit of God has overtaken us all.

I could tell countless stories from the past month of how God has moved in lives, changed hearts, and spoken to people. I feel that the Walk With Jesus Weekend will yield even more fruit. Just as we felt with D-Now, something great is coming.

I don't want to get all mystical and spooky with this. The truth is, what's coming is just another level of what has come. It's another step in the process of what God wants to do. D-Now was the first, and this is the second, or third or fourth depending on how you keep score. What's important is that it is part of God's on-going work in us and around us.

Disciple Now was the awakening to how badly we needed something more. The Weekend Walk might just be the something more.

So here's my prayer for the weekend: I pray that every heart is open, truly open to God and what He wants to say to it. I pray that we come with no expectations of what He wants to do, but simply with the expectation that He will do as He pleases, and we will choose to let Him have His way. And, I pray that we come away from the weekend changed; knowing Him more, seeking Him more, surrendered to Him more, and loving Him more.

It's gonna be a great, fun time. I love you all and I'll see you there.

2 comments:

  1. I've had complaints of my blog not letting people comment, so this is a test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog doesnt just discriminate against me? :D JK!

    i'll be praying for you all during your Weekend Walk too! :) Can't wait for an update!

    ReplyDelete