Thursday, January 1, 2009

Umm...just a little hazy

I finally slept last night. Five whole hours. That's twice as much as I've been getting lately. But as I read my last post, that I wrote at 3:30 this morning (five hours is five hours, no matter what time it is), I noticed how tired I really was. So I thought I'd try to clarify the cross-eyed babble from earlier.

The point I was trying to make, and I'm always trying to make, is that God's love is the only thing that's going to save this world. And I don't mean the "Jesus loves me this I know" kind of love. I'm talking about living love. The kind that people can see and feel just by being around us Christians.

I think of Jonah, again. Jonah is probably wishing I would leave Him alone for once. But God wanted Jonah to proclaim His love and mercy to the Ninevites. But He first had to show that love and mercy to Jonah. Jonah had to learn it for himself.

That's us, y'all. That is where the surrender comes in. We try to teach lost people to surrender their heart to God. We tell them that He can solve all their problems and make them a new creation. But do our actions show it? Do they see us living out the Word like we are trying to get them to do? What I mean is, can they believe what we are telling them by looking at us? Let me put it this way: Would you buy a Pepsi from a Coke salesman?

We can't lead others to Christ buy selling them a false Gospel. The Bible talks about false witnesses and hypocrites. How often does that describe us?

I hope that clears up the mud a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment