Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another Friday night story

We had another gathering tonight at the Fowler's and I couldn't help but notice that there was a different mood in the room. Maybe it was just the weather or a bad week. But something felt different to me. Like last week, I took inventory of those present and felt that same deep appreciation for these people and how very glad I am that these are my likeminded "brethren." I love them all very much and when they discuss their hurts and fears and worries, I find myself hurting and worrying along with them. If someone tells me their day was not so good, I'm sad for them. I want to make it better. I pondered this connection for a while and came up with this explanation:

They aren't just people I go to church with. They are the ones I pray for. Some I have prayed with many times. They pray for me as well. They lift me when I am down and they look to me when they need lifting up. They advise me and listen to my advice. They study the Bible with me. They have the same desires for our church that I do. They want to walk with God just like I want to and they make me feel peaceful when I am around them. And they make me laugh, the real kind. This is the core. These are the ones I miss when they are not there. This is my family.

All of you, again, I love you and I am praying for you this week. As for the mood, I guess someone needs that prayer. And to think I almost didn't even go tonight.

2 comments: